Politics matters. Our team helps the democratic process and the development of good policy by helping innovators and high growth businesses provide much needed feedback to government. Good policy and regulation create a better landscape for business, government and society overall.
Moreover, every leader and business is operating in a political, policy and regulatory context – understanding and shaping this world builds and secures investor value, and mitigates reputational and commercial risk.
We encourage employees to bring the best of themselves to work at GK Strategy, to recognise and celebrate differences and to be respectful and curious. We hire the best people with a passion for politics and an appetite for fun.
At GK we are committed to a culture of equality, diversity, and inclusion. We want to be a great place to work and want everyone to be seen, heard, valued, and empowered to succeed. We work together to build a more equal workplace and world for all, and we are proud to attract great people to share in our success.
If you are interested in joining our team, we’d love to hear from you.
Account Manager/Senior Account Manager
Date Added: 02 August 2021
Closing Date: 27 August 2021
Job Title: Account Manager/Senior Account Manager
Location: Westminster, London
We are recruiting an Account Manager or Senior Account Manager to join our award-winning strategic communications team. We are seeking someone with excellent research, writing, analytical and account management skills, capable of rapidly getting to grips with the key short to long term dynamics in a sector and in relation to a client’s products, services and strategic objectives. Candidates should be adept at building and delivering long-term relationships and external communications plans.
We are looking for someone with a strong track record in public affairs, government relations and media relations, ideally with a background in politics and consultancy.
- Managing the delivery of public affairs and strategic communications programmes for clients across a range of sectors including health, education, financial services, and the built environment
Key skills / competencies
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisation and time management
- Ability to build good political, media and commercial relationships and networks
- Ability work autonomously and independently
- Experience managing diverse team of consultants and multiple client accounts
- Track record in driving new business
- Skilled in senior account management and interface with senior in-house teams
- Application of creativity and the use of initiative/problem solving
Main duties and responsibilities
- Being a GK ambassador embodying the GK Values of Excellence, Initiative and Respect
- Responsibility for creation and delivery of public affairs and communications strategies
- Cultivation and maintenance of positive client relationships
- Leading feedback meetings alongside senior colleagues on project delivery
- Brought in to contribute to external new business pitches with potential clients
- Managing client delivery teams and providing training support to the team
- Providing support to client teams in developing a rigorous evidence base for change for communications clients
- Providing a senior role in the delivery of GK research projects for corporate clients, including project management
- Building relationships with relevant political, regulatory and media stakeholders
- Building relationships with overseas affiliates
- Line management of junior colleagues
Please send your CV and cover email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be arranged on application. Please note that we reserve the right to appoint an exceptional candidate before the closing date. You will only be contacted if you are selected to come in for an interview.