The purpose of this entry-level job is to support the delivery of outstanding political, regulatory and communications strategy for clients and to support GK’s marketing and new business activities. You will also aid the functioning and growth of GK through researching and sharing intelligence and insights relating to the political, business and communications environment.
Be an inquisitive, proactive individual with demonstrable interest and experience of working or volunteering in politics or communications. You will retain an interest and a desire to learn more about how business, politics and the media link together.
As an Account Executive, your responsibilities will include:
• Monitoring the political, policy and regulatory environment for developments of importance to the company and your assigned clients
• Drafting clear and concise summaries and analysis of these developments to be shared with assigned clients in a timely manner
• Being an ambassador for GK at external events and meetings
• Taking accurate notes in meetings, and following up with action notes
• Keeping your clients work in progress (WIP) workplan updated with activity and key milestones
• Organisation of agendas and papers for client meetings
• Remaining on top of politics and the policy agenda to ensure a good knowledge of sectors relevant to clients
• Maintaining a working understanding of the services GK offer and our client portfolio in order to be able to publicise the company with external audiences and spot new business opportunities
• Responsibility for logistical arrangements associated with external meetings
• Drafting client-ready content such as briefings and articles that will be signed off by your client team
• Following-up on correspondence with journalists, politicians and government departments
• Supporting on media sell-ins and the compilation of media coverage reports
• Reviewing and updating alerts via our monitoring services
• Answering the office phone and passing on enquiries appropriately.
The successful candidate will have
• An interest in learning more about private equity and investor-backed, high growth businesses
• Strong writing and analytical abilities
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• A willingness to learn and progress their career
• A creative mindset
What we offer in return
• We are committed to employee development and have an open doors culture. We regularly reward and promote success, and actively encourage staff to take on new challenges and responsibilities to aid progression.
• Our employee package also includes a generous holiday allowance, an annual bonus scheme, our 2 hours policy which allows you to take some time back from the working week, regular lunch and learn sessions, annual training budget, Friday drinks trolley, socials, face time with GK Associates and many more