As a senior member of the consultancy team, the purpose of this job is to provide political, industry and strategic expertise and to lead on a number of accounts ensuring consistently high-quality work for clients and to drive new business growth and client retention.
Account Directors are expected to:
• Lead and develop all their accounts
• Develop, manage, motivate and coach their teams to deliver consistently high performance
• Be regarded as trusted adviser by their clients and their colleagues
• Lead by example and demonstrate GK’s values
• Contribute to a positive working environment on teams and across GK
• Take ownership for your accounts and all your work
• Contribute to the long term development of GK
• Be an external ambassador for GK
• Provide strategic communications consultancy services to a portfolio of assigned clients
• Actively manage and develop the overall client relationship and ensure that the client journey is fully embedded and embraced by all client teams at all stages.
• Take responsibility for quality control of all consultancy provided by assigned client teams
• Own and manage the account planning process including budget, allocation, resourcing and recovery of billable hours
• Utilise GK strategic advisers and GK leadership as appropriate to support client activity
• Seek out new business opportunities with both new and existing clients to generate fee income and coach direct reports in developing their skills in this area
• Participate in new business proposals and pitches for new clients with direction from the leadership team
• Develop content and GK credentials and capabilities to develop agreed priority areas for business development
• Preparation of proposal documents for sign off by a Director as per company procedure
• Attend at least 4 meetings, 2 events and write 1 blog per month to support new business activity
• Participate in GK senior team meetings providing insight, ideas and advice as appropriate.