This is an exciting opportunity to provide leadership to a talented team across a range of UK accounts, drive forward business strategies as part of the GK senior leadership team, support with the provision of sector leading consultancy advice and take a proactive role in supporting new business.
Company and business development role
• To be a member of the GK senior management team and to work collaboratively to support the effective management of GK
• To participate in strategic decision making and deliver agreed actions and strategies
• To lead on the development and delivery of GK services in our existing and growth markets
• To drive forward new business development, including networking and increasing GK’s profile in strategic business areas, identifying opportunities for potential clients, and development of new business proposals and pitches.
• To hold and build relationships externally which support GK and its clients
• To represent GK at events and in marketing to strategic policy areas
Client role and interactions
• To take lead responsibility for relevant clients
• To be responsible for monitoring expenditure, budget and financial information for relevant clients
• To have overall responsibility for quality and delivery of client work on relevant client accounts
• To provide additional strategic value/advisory capacity across GK clients as appropriate
• To be responsible for raising awareness of & identifying opportunities for client growth and development
• To be a line manager for designated members of the team
• To take responsibility for recruitment, induction, development, supervision, support and appraisal and delivery of overall quality of work
• To support the professional development of GK consultants – identifying development needs and supporting staff to achieve them
• To delegate responsibilities’ and accountability to team members
• To provide constructive feedback to staff on work outputs
• To monitor capacity within teams and analyse resourcing requirements
• To provide mentoring and support to the wider team as agreed
The ideal candidate will have:
• Substantial experience of delivering public affairs, media relations and social media strategies.
• Experience in providing senior counsel to leaders at senior executive and C-suite levels.
• The ability to operate in a collegiate manner and provide high-level and strategic advice and counsel to the leadership team.
Desirable but not essential:
• A proven ability to retain clients over the long-term
• A proven track record of winning new business and working independently and autonomously in overseeing and managing client accounts.
• Policy expertise in health, education, transport or energy & the environment